Saturday 12 March 2011

Murder at Easter time! And packing for Paris

Somewhere in the forest, down a dark tunnel, deep beneath the earth a chocolate bunny, blindfolded and scared, whimpers. Don't be fooled by his bright foil-y grin he is soon to be a very melted, dead bunny!

With nothing but a camp chick with a penchant for shell hats in the gaudiest of colours for company, the rabbit smells a hot doom approaching fast. But who will save him? Without him, buttercups and dandelions will be left to grow freely, and one less Audi driver will aim needlessly for his white bushy tail!

Before I make myself out to be a complete mental case (what do you mean it's too late for that?!) I must explain that this bunny is soon to be an experimental idea I have been toying with as part of the stock photography project we've been given. For those of you who don't know, stock photography is a lucrative way to sell your photos if you have something a bit different. A picture that tells a story, or is unique, or from a field that isn't landscapes.

The brief has asked us to create a small album of stock photography from a subject we feel empathy with. At first I thought about jewellery, purely because I used to be a stock photographer and this was my most favourite subject to shoot. After doing a li
ttle research, and my usual trick of having the most random of ideas in odd places, I changed my mind to chocolate. Except not the usual shots you might expect. Obviously I can't give too much away, but it's going to be called 'Chocolate, with a twist.' Most people know things about chocolate, it gives you the same feelings as being in love, it DOESN'T cause spots and it's a great natural pain killer. But I wanted to concentrate on the different sides to chocolate. They way it makes people act, and feel and what if chocolate wasn't just a treat.

Just a selection of the chocolate, I wonder if you can guess any of the shot ideas just from seeing this? There are other kinds of chocolate, and props out of shot ;) I'm pretty excited about getting started but it probably won't be until I get back from Paris. I'm working on some of the other projects, including the story board for a company. I've chosen to do Volvic, although I've now finished my research I've yet to start the story board. As for the joiner, I've chosen my subject and been once to photograph, but need to revisit a couple more times.

So, Paris on Monday. I'm looking forward to it, although not the huge long coach trip. I really wish we could have flown, or taken the Eurostar, I would have happily paid more! It would have meant more time in actual Paris.

God I want some chocolate now....


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the results of that shoot, Gemma:)

    ReplyDelete