Monday 9 May 2011

Seeing pink!

A few entries back I mentioned a music video that we were filming as part of our current unit. Well, following the completion of the short film editing was started (and finished!) on the music video and here it is! Sue's friend Tracey and her husband Jamie took part in the filming between Caergwrle castle and Sue's home. The filming went smoothly and without any real issues, we also recorded the track in a studio over at Plas Coch. Thanks to Johnny and Tom for their help with the recording and to Bryn for his skills on the guitar and for backing vocals.

The final track sounded amazing, with lots of different layers making it sound really professional. Then it was just a case of matching up the vocals and parallel edit to the song.
Trickier than originally thought, it still took a fraction of the time that the short film took but looks just as good. The last part was to add in an actual pink sky at the end of the song and the 4sight logo.

I changed the font on this one compared to the one we used for the short film. This was because we needed a less 'gothic' font for future productions. It wasn't too difficult and after a few small adjustments it was all finished ready for the critique this afternoon.

The feedback we got seemed to be positive, and in hindsight I doubt I would have done much differently. It would have been nice to give the story a deeper story but the lyrics give it a very strong one as it is. As much as it would have been nice to shoot on a sunny day it was out of our control and the music video turned out well.

I seem to be having a lot of trouble uploading the video here, so here is the youtube link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CTHFuNjH0s please feel free to leave constructive comments. If you really like the song, it will be available for sale soon on iTunes!

Lastly, staying on the pink theme and using my blog to shamelessly promote cancer research, I'm running the race for life again this year. Please please sponsor me, it's for a great cause and every penny raised is put towards researching new treatments and cures for cancer. If you would like to sponsor me, please visit my sponsorship page here:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/gemmajones2011 where you can sponsor me, and see how I'm getting on. Thank you :)


1 comment: