Wednesday 3 August 2011

Epic day trips, studio work and FIRE POI!

So far this summer I've photographed a storm in a multitude of gorgeous places. I've been very lucky to be able to visit some of Wales' and the north west's best kept secrets. This last week has no exception, we visited Bodnant Gardens which isn't far from Conwy and is a well cultivated garden, lots of flowers, water features and interesting architecture. It isn't normally what I'd go for, but photographing it was fun and challenging.


I played around with reflections in the various fountains and pools dotted around the gardens, Chris had seen a shot on the website that he wanted to recreate, and it turned out really well. He was very lucky that there was no one in the shot considering how busy the gardens were that day!

We also visited Llandudno prom in order to try to begin work on part of the 'movement' brief for my summer work. Watch this space for pictures as they are a work in progress! Talking of pictures, in a recent post I mentioned having bought an old box camera, the Zeiss Ikon, well I went to pick up my first set of prints on Monday, I'm pleased to say that they exposed well even though several were out of focus or over/underexposed. I'm happy that I now have a starting point to improve on my photography.

Being into all things extreme, it came as no surprise to learn Chris did fire poi, and what better excuse to take the camera out again and get some long exposure shots. The fire was vibrant, and I got some really interesting and creative shots. It was spitting a little with rain, and a little cold near the Sychnant Pass, but it was well worth venturing out for!

Lastly, on Tuesday my friends Abbey and Patrick came around to Chris' where we set up the studio in order to do some more portraits of them. They're getting married next year, and are both very relaxed around the camera, it was nice to catch up again so soon after the last time and I hope that they like this set of photos too!

And finally, a huge thank you to Patrick for getting his hands dirty trying to fix my car! And to the wonderful Chris for letting me use his studio kit for the pictures I did of Ashleigh, and of Abbey and Patrick :D
I hope that the remainder of the summer is as memorable as it has been so far!





No comments:

Post a Comment