Sunday 12 June 2011

Zombie sheep!

After last week's shoot Chris and I decided to meet for a second (and then third) shoot at his house where he has a studio set up. Something I was very excited to find out about, and itching to get into it so I could take some pictures!

During the shoot last Saturday there were a few sheep dotted around the mountain and I photographed a couple of them. We both commented that the one sheep looked an awful lot like a zombie, so with that in mind, I booted up photoshop and had a play around. It's nothing amazing, but I am happy with the results!

The first of the two shoots we did was using facepaints, I drew a pair of wings onto his back, and we had fun playing around with the ideas. I'm very jealous that he has a 5D, but he kindly let me use it with my new lens, and so the pictures that came out are amazing!

I was shooting in RAW, something I haven't really done before, and was more than a little confused when I got the images onto my computer that I had taken in black and white on my camera, only to find they were in perfect colour! I'm still new to playing around with the RAW images, so the learning is ongoing.


For the second shoot, I brought a pair of skeleton style gloves and some rope and we had a mess around to see what we could come up with. I used my 30D this time, and the difference isn't exactly significant, but there definitely is one there.

I have had a lot of fun taking these pictures, a massive thanks to Chris for letting me use his studio, take up space in his house and for having lots of patience :D I look forward to more shoots with him in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment