Wednesday 16 May 2012

More from Rhyl FC and the end of year two.

Wow, it has come around so fast that I really can't believe I'm at the end of my second year. I remember during the first week that someone said it'd go by quite quickly, and boy were they right. From that first week where we were given so much information, to now, I feel like I've learned so much, and not just about my chosen subject but also about me.


After some initial teething problems, my ideas for this module took off, and I'll be posting a blog with all the things I've done for the module after my assessment tomorrow. It has been a hard slog to this point with many twists and turns, some were clear and others not so much.


I've been doing a lot of work outside of uni, with the likes of Call Miss Jones, Gelicity, Rhyl FC, River and Sea sense and with a few more in the pipeline over the summer months. It has been great to be able to further my skills and knowledge through practice, and this has seen my pictures in the newspaper, catalogues, on websites, and in brochures. Being able to get my name out there as a photographer will undoubtedly be an asset to my professional development. I have to give out a couple of thank-yous here, firstly to Lucy Jones at the careers centre at Glyndwr for all her help in finding, and supporting me with work tasters. Secondly to Catherine and Julie at the WCVA for their help with finding more work experience, and lastly to my sister Tracey Jones for giving me the chance to work with Rhyl FC, and football in the community and the Rhyl FC academy. 


So, with football in mind, I was invited again yesterday to photograph the academy squad, along with the coaches, followed by the meeting regarding the changes and new appointments for the new upcoming season. For obvious reasons, I can't post the picture of the children, but it will be the the May 17th edition of the Daily Post in the Denbighshire area. 


 These are the coaches for the upcoming season, along with new appointments in training staff Greg Strong, Mike Digwood, Laurie McGuiness, Niall McGuiness, James Stead, and new General Manager, Mike Jones.
Mike Jones 

The night went down well with a packed out room full of parents of the children in the academy and long time supporters of the club. I really felt that Rhyl FC are more like a family than a club, and I wish them every success with the new season.

Just before I end this blog, I also had the opportunity to photograph my family during a rare gathering of the troops (all of us in one place usually only happens at Christmas) and my mum's birthday. We had a good time taking the shots and went on to have a lovely meal at the Nant near Prestatyn. Here are some choice shots from the day :)

 This one took the longest, I had the camera on self timer and had to run between it and the shot about 8 times!
 Dad attacks his desert at the Nant, he had a 'tasting' desert, which was all of the deserts on the menu, in mini!
 Loved this shot, little Olivia (who just turned 3) is such a little poser!
 Birthday kisses for mum from my sister Joanne
 Sibling rivalry, Emma and Lee pose for a shot
 My brother Terry, nephew Lee and brother-in-law Sush pose on the bench my Dad made
 Jo, Kiran and Sush :)
 The boys, (back l-r) Johnny, Lee, Chris, Sush. Front Dad (Stan), Kiran and Terry
 The girls, Emma and I at the back, Tracey, Mum (Margaret) with Olivia and Jo
 Lee and Jamie (Olivia's Dad), Emma, Terry with Olivia and Tracey
 Lee and Jo in the Nant
Mum Em and her daughter Olivia :) she loved this picture.

All in all it was a lovely day, we had a great meal and everyone had a wonderful time. It's always fun when we all get together, and it was great to be able to get some photographs that will last forever as well as some wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment