Wednesday 16 February 2011

Human Landscapes and a recording studio adventure


So here it is. Hot off the proverbial press (ok out of Photoshop) the first glimpse into my human landscape project. It has been an interesting day in the studio. The lighting was a doddle, a lot easier that I thought it would be and my model was very cooperative.

So out of all the project we have to do in this module I have human landscapes and typologies covered. I've found it both challenging and fun to work on them, putting me out of my comfort zone but I seem to posses the skills to tackle them.

Filming for both the short film, and music video begins this week. Luckily, we've been able to record a song thanks to Tracey (a friend of Sue's) being a singer/songwriter. The song has a fairly strong narrative that should be easy enough to script out, we just have to match the film to the intensity, and talent of the song. Yesterday (Tuesday) we went and recorded the song in a great studio at uni. We were really lucky to meet Tom and Johnny who are both students at the university. Watching them at work was fascinating, and considering the amount of work that goes into recording just one, an album must take weeks of work (not forgetting of course the editing it takes to get all the singing, harmonies, backing vocals, and instruments sounding great. Well, it's doing amazingly so far, I'm very much looking forward to seeing it all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment